Sunday, September 21, 2008





School is going well. The kids are in different groups for math and reading. I have both groups of 3rd grade for science. This week we have Curriculum Night. My students have written and sent letters to Cindy's class so we can have pen pals at Blake. 

Saturday I went with a group to a glacier in the Alps near a Swiss German town call Andermatt. It was amazing. We actually climbed with ice picks and crampons on our feet. It was a little scary and fantastic at the same time. Our guides were TASIS HS teachers. They knew exactly what they were doing. 

Sunday a large group participated in the StaLugano. A 10K that runs along the lake, through the city and back through the park. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Martha! I love your posts and your pictures, Switzerland looks beautiful and so do you! I hope you and Ashley can get together for Thanksgiving - it will be a smaller Copenhagen version of the Texas Elgie/Long Elgie/Malberg/Fuller celebration. We can have a big skype party! Ashley's email is: a.n.elgie@mail.utexas.edu.
I miss you and our 4:30 calls - my drive home from Dallas is so quiet. Call me soon!

Love, Liz